Join the Team
The Community of St Anselm is an Acknowledged Religious Community in the Church of England, founded by Archbishop Justin Welby in 2015 as part of his first priority: the renewal of prayer and Religious life. We draw together Christians aged 20-35 from all over the world, and any branch of the Christian family tree, for a year of living a shared life or prayer, study and service to the poor. Now in our second year, we are recruiting a Dean to develop the strategic and operational functions of the Community.
The Dean will play a vital role as we continue to develop the life of this Community as a place for transformation into the likeness of Christ, and a place of modelling one way of shared life under vows in the 21st century.
- Dean of the Community of St Anselm (NCIs Recruitment site) (Apply now)
Dean of the Community of St Anselm
Along with the Prior and Sub-prior, the Dean will complete the Community’s Council (senior leadership team), share critical responsibilities within the Community’s life and have oversight of many of its core charitable and operational activities. The post holder is an ex-officio member of the Community and will order his or her own life in accordance with the Community’s Rule of Life.
- To share in the pastoral and spiritual leadership of a Religious Community
- To be responsible for a significant set of operational and financial functions to enable the Community of St Anselm to achieve its potential as a Religious Community.
- To develop the Community’s strategic relationships and partnerships in a range of areas, including fundraising.
- To deliver conferences and events, and develop the Community’s marketing and communications strategy and capabilities.
* This role is subject to an Occupational Requirement that the holder be a Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 if the Equalities Act 2010 and also a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 27th February (midnight).