The Community of St Anselm is one community, made up of a group of deeply committed young adults in residential and non-residential modes of membership who will experience a year of shared life, service, prayer and study that will shape the rest of their lives, equipping them to live lives of integrity in every sector of society.
- What can I expect from the Community of St Anselm in 2018-19?
- A study programme that takes Community Members on a practical and theological journey through Archbishop Justin’s three major priorities – Prayer, Evangelism and Reconciliation
- A close-knit and supportive community that draws together young adults from all over the world and across many different denominations and traditions
- Tailored retreats that cover Life in the Holy Spirit, the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises [link], life in Community and being a Christian at work
- Personal Spiritual Accompaniment [link] and regular Sharing Group meetings
- An opportunity to reflect deeply on God’s call and take time to listen to him and to others.
The programme is delivered in two ways.
Our Non-Resident programme is designed to help busy professionals find ways to listen attentively to God in the midst of the relentless activity of daily life. You’ll develop habits of prayer, service and community. Over three residential retreats you’ll explore life in the Holy Spirit, the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises, and being a Christian in the workplace. Weekly meetings involve Sharing Group time and teaching from world-class speakers and theologians. Monthly days together with the Resident Members give space for exploring new ways of praying and practical tools for discernment and community.
Our Resident programme gives people from all over the world a ten-month experience of monastic Community life. This includes three retreats, two days a week in service to the most vulnerable in our local communities and a more in-depth programme of theological reflection.
Who can apply to join the Community?
- We’re looking for Christians aged 20-35 from all over the world who take seriously the call of Christ – to love God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength, and to love neighbour as themselves.
- We’re also inviting UK professionals who want to explore their own Christian calling in the workplace, in the busyness of daily life, into Non-Residential Membership
- You don’t need any formal theological training or community experience to apply – just a hunger to know and love God, and other people, better.